Video was the most consumed content of 2020, so it’s no wonder Facebook & Instagram are going all in on video. In addition, statistics show that 64% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase after having seen a video on a business or product. There is no denying it, video marketing is the future!
With that in mind, I strongly advise you to include Facebook, Instagram and YouTube videos in your future social media marketing plan.
Where should you begin with your video marketing plan?
First you need sit down and determine a style for your video, the look, feel and tone that will carry throughout your videos. This will give your videos a cohesive branding, and add professionalism to your content. Things to consider:
- Who is your audience? Develop a written profile of your typical customer
- What type of videos will you create? Product demos, testimonials, tutorials, Q&A
- Will your video have people or will it be product only with a voice over
- Will your videos be quirky & funny or professional and to the point
- What will your call to action (CTA) be? Buy Now, Call Us, Subscribe
- Will you be creating your videos or hiring an agency?
What types of videos should you create?
Focus your videos on your target audience only, do not mix consumer and business audiences. Doing so will cause a disconnect in your channel, and confuse visitors as to which video is for them. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t have different types of videos in the same channel, they just need to be geared to the same audience. Here’s some video types that work well together:
- Interviews with management/staff
- Tour of your office/facility
- Product or service demonstrations
- Teasers for new products
- Testimonials from customers
- DIY tips
- Company events
Of course YouTube is owned by Google, so having good SEO in place for your videos means a lot. With the proper keywords and tags your videos will be found not only in searches on YouTube but they will rank high on Google as well.
If you want to learn more about shooting social media videos, check out this article >> “The Best Gear for Social Media Video“.
If you need assistance developing a video marketing plan for your business, or a professional to shoot, edit & manage your content give us a call – we are happy to help!